Habitus is a social enterprise that works with young people, parents, schools, and communities. We talk, teach, and listen. We create transformative experiences, connect through stories, and empower people to become agents of change.
- Songwriting, storytelling, bush camps, and narrative therapy
- Creating connections between young people, parents, schools, and communities
- Creating connections between diverse ideas to build creative confidence
- Providing creative solutions to complex problems
- Working in the education space
- Educating young people, parents, schools, and communities to improve relationships, solve problems, and embrace change
- Providing education and training, that increases skills and employment to young people
- Programs, consultancy, talks, and public speaking
- Developing an appreciation of the inevitability of change
- Demonstrate structures and practices that we use to deal with change
- Empower people to become agents of change
- Provide a network for dynamic creators and educators, to change the face of schooling in Australia
The Habitus enterprise is the creation of Dr Sumant (Monty) Badami, PhD in Anthropology from Macquarie University, Sydney Australia. Habitus staff aim to work closely with men and boys – using the anthropological discipline – to challenge the norms of toxic masculinity, as well as other stereotypes of class, ethnicity, gender, sexuality and race.